Diwali in the Rain




 Hello friends! Welcome back! 

This year's Diwali was not that fun because it was raining all day.  But, we had fun in between.

I was in Guwahati and I was very excited to go to my town Sarthebari for Diwali celebration. I was watching videos of Diwali in the T.V and that brings my joy and excitement. My father already ordered crackers from Barpeta place and they sent it to my town.

We went to my town on 22nd October (Saturday). The weather was not bad that day but it started to be bad on 23rd October (Sunday). It did not rain for the whole day but the clouds were getting grey and black.

The next day it started to rain like mad and we thought that we won't be able to celebrate Diwali. It is said that a cyclone hit the Bay of Bengal ocean and it started to rain all over India. I was very upset and was asking my parents that we can still celebrate Diwali. 

The night approached and it was still raining. We were not able to place the diyas outside because the water will put out the fire. The power was also out. We did have inverter in our rooms but not outside and the whole town was dark. There was a big frown on my face. I was so upset that we were not able to celebrate Diwali this year. We just played with Fuljaris in the veranda with my friends. 

Talking and playing with my friends cheered me up and I started to laugh and smile. My friends then said good bye to me and went to their room. But, something amazing happened. The rain stopped and we started to play with crackers! I called my friends to play with crackers and we had fun. My cousin Tathagataa also came to celebrate Diwali with us. We played, laughed and smiled. But, sadly it again started raining heavily and we had to go inside our house. But I was not sad because I got to play with crackers and celebrate Diwali and after that I again played with my cousin. There was no rain on the second day of Diwali and we had a lot of fun!

                                                                   THE-END


                                                                            


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sual Kuchi Silkroute Resort School trip

The End of the Session 2022-23(Class 4 edition)

My 10th Birthday Party